Friday, September 3, 2010

Update of Sorts...

I’m doing about the same as I was a week ago, plus two new lumps/cancer filled lymph nodes, and I’m enjoying not thinking about breathing when I’m using my oxygen.

I’m going to hang out with my family for a couple weeks. Please pray for good time together. As always, this may be the last time I see some of my family.

My hospice nurse gave me a lecture yesterday on taking care of myself…. She said to be sure I sleep as much as I need to, use oxygen as much as I need to, and don’t let anyone give me a hard time about eating whatever I want or nothing. She’s great.

My nurse and I also had a really interesting conversation about dogs and sick people. THIS ARTICLE is fascinating and will give you the idea. I’ve already instructed my family that my DOG is to be allowed to be with me any time she wants at any point in the process. Did you know that dogs often smell death several days before it happens because of the chemical changes in the body and the odors they emit? Read the article, it’s wild.

I’m feeling a little stressed about things I want to complete before Jesus comes for me. There are three main projects and several little ones. Please pray for wisdom and efficiency.

HERE is an article that anyone who is female, who loves a female, who is a parent…. should read about the connection between talcum powder, including baby powder, and uterine and possibly ovarian cancer. Talc and asbestos have some similar properties.

I met with my pastor the other day about my memorial service and am very excited about the ideas we have mapped out. It’s going to be awesome.

I finally finished reading Heaven, by Randy Alcorn, and I wish everyone would read it. It has been a life changing book. A lot of my excitement comes from what I’ve learned from reading it. I will put up a post sometime with some quotes…

I’m off to Lowes to get hardware for one of my projects.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for sweet conversations, precious time with your family, increased excitement as you talk with our Lord. Hugs to Dresden and much love to you. Susan T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer; I totally would have gone with you to hang out at Lowe's. You're in my thoughts and prayers, as always. I know your family will be so happy to get this time with you... So glad you're where you need to be ~ on every level.

    Love, hugs, and prayers. Lots of all these things... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you as you spend time with your family. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers. ~Laura Byrd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you and give you a hug! BTW... we think Lily is ready for the woods, so tell Dresden to get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, I miss seeing you and have been keeping up with your posts. So happy that you are ready and that you get to spend quality time with your family. Remember I am thinking of you all the time and wishing you a sweet, effortless journey home to Heaven. Keep taking care of yourself. Lots of love,
    Tammy @ Ballantyne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope family time has been fun and filled with lots of love.

    xo always

    ReplyDelete