Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Clever Title Today

This morning I woke up and couldn’t figure out why it felt like someone punched me under my left arm. I started poking and found another new lump under there. It’s about the size of a pencil eraser... It’s been sort of mildly aching on and off today. That makes the new one under there from today, another little one under there from a few months ago, plus the new one I found a week or so ago. Literally “God only knows” what’s going on internally. I don’t have a clue. The only thing that’s clear in terms of physical status is that the cancer is spreading via my lymph system.

Anyway, my moonvines are germinating perfectly, which is awesome. I think the difference was that I only soaked the seeds for a few hours until the hard outer shell on the seed got wrinkly before planting them the next day. That, and I got really good quality seeds this time. The directions always say to soak them for twenty-four hours...

I’m posting this anonymous comment on here because I think a lot of people would find it encouraging. I don’t know who posted it but I have a strong suspicion : ) Here it is:

When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you... do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.
Deut 20:1-4

Remember this... in the big fight, but also in the smaller daily fights of wrestling the unknown. You are never, ever alone and you are never, ever fighting these things by yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the comment here for us to read. That scripture is a good reminder that God is "for us" and not "against" us.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you Aunt Martha! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That comment gives me such strength today... I needed it. :)

    ReplyDelete